Friday, March 26, 2010

In Case You Haven't Heard...

It's been a banner week for fans of Brian Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim! We got a release date for the sixth and (supposedly) final volume of the awesome graphic novel series. Expect it to hit shelves on July 20th, 2010!

More details at Oni Press
As if it wasn't enough to send fans into rabid anticipation for "Finest Hour," the first trailer for the Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World film has also hit the internets! I was super nervous about this adaptation. The book has some very unique elements, ones that I feared the film creators might leave out, especially the Scott-imagines-his-life-as-a-videogame-aspect. But watching the trailer has quelled those fears, and also given me confidence in Michael Cera's ability to play more than one type of character (or at least a promise of the movie being so awesome it wouldn't bother me if he was still his awkward self). Enjoy the sneak peak below! (Sidenote: doesn't Chris Evans look dreaaaamy as evil ex boyfriend Lucas?)

For future Scott Pilgrim announcements check out Bryan Lee O'Malley's website.

3 comments:

  1. I know who my true blog friends are by seeing who posted the Scott Pilgrim trailer/release date.

    Michael Cera still sounds a bit too whiney for my taste (though I'm usually a fan of his), but I trust Edgar Wright 1000% more than I already did thanks to the awesomeness of the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad to see people getting super excited about the movie, it will bring in a lot of new readers to the series.

    And totally agree with you on Cera. I always imagined Scott Pilgrim as being really cool despite his slacker lifestyle, and Cera seems to be playing Scott as more "lovable loser" than "awesome unemployed ass-kicker"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just wanted you to know that I went to the comic book store today and bought Sandman 1 and Batman Year One.

    Also also, I would have responded to your comment about my comment sooner, but forgot to subscribe to the comments ><

    ReplyDelete